The confidential, judgment-free care you need. The compassion and respect you deserve.
“Thank you, I got my life back!”
A 16 year-old teen came to the clinic to get a birth control prescription because life at home was “horrible” so she’d left home and was now “couch surfing” with friends while trying to go to school. Because she came to Youville Teen Clinic – the nurse helped her to get connected with CFS so she could get housing and food, her birth control and all of her other medications covered and start counselling. She was later able to reconnect with her family and establish a healthier relationship with them.
The purpose of Teen Clinic:
Are you 14-20 years old and looking for a place to go for free, confidential, non-judgmental health care? Are you stressed out and need someone to talk to? Youville Teen Clinic has nurses, a doctor and volunteers available every Tuesday from 4:00 to 7:00 pm who can answer questions; provide testing, low cost/no cost birth control, free condoms; and connect you with the resources you need.
By Participating in Youville Teen Clinic, you will:
- have a compassionate nurse/volunteer/doctor listen to your story: your worries, stresses, anxieties, concerns. We’re here for you;
- be seen confidentially – no parents or health card required – but parents are welcome to come with you if you’d like;
- be able to pick-up low-cost or no-cost birth control and free condoms;
- have the chance to drop in for pregnancy, STI, and vaginitis testing;
- have a safe place to talk about your sexuality;
- talk to someone about nutrition, sleep, stress and coping, relationships, bullying – anything that you may be concerned about. If we don’t have all of the answers available, we can connect you with someone who does;
- be encouraged to ask ANY questions you may have – no question is too big or too small
Youville Teen Clinic is special because:
- it’s a safe place to seek care and it’s GLBTTQ friendly;
- it has experienced nurses, volunteers, and a doctor: we know our stuff!;
- there are nutritious, tasty snacks available each week!; and
- the Clinic is focused on providing compassionate care: we really listen to you.